Monday, January 26, 2009

Bacon Bits Anyone?

Yesterday I had my whole family over to celebrate my Dad's 56th Birthday. I set up tables outside with various decorations, made ribs, put on the Beach Boys and was ready to have a good time. My dad loaded his plate with ribs, potatoes, beans, rolls, and salad. He started eating and said "Man, this salad is really crunchy." My sister looked at his plate and said:

"Dad, what did you put on your salad?"

He said "Just the lettuce that was in the bowl, ranch dressing, and bacon bits."

Meredith then said "Dad, there were no bacon bits."

"Yes there were. They were in the glass bowl," he said.

The whole table realized what had just happened and busted up laughing.

"Dad," Meredith said, "those were rock decorations, not bacon bits." My dad spit out his food and started laughing too. I'll never look at my rock bowl the same.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's just too funny!!!

Taryn said...

Okay, What the heck! That would so crack me up. They really do look like bacon bits. What a fun memory!

Elaina said...

Andrea - that was hilarious - hee hee - when are you due? Hey If I was pregnant - I sure as heck wouldn't be counting carbs - enjoy it while you can - worry about watching your weight after the baby is born - love you Elaina