Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Tradition

I love the idea of having family traditions especially during Holidays. Up until this year, I really haven't had any for Thanksgiving other than cooking and eating. So, after reading a blog someone sent me that had a craft for kids, I decided to do my own version. I was highly motivated and thought of this idea: print out leaves onto card stock paper that has "fall" looking colors. Cut out a picture of each family member that is able to share what they're thankful for and paste it on a leaf that they choose. Have them choose one thing they are most Thankful for this year and write it on their leaf. Every year do the same thing and add to your collection. I hope one day to have an entire "Wall of Thanks." I think it will look so cool when I have a collage of leaves on my wall. (Not to mention pictures of them as they grow older.) I have to say that I'm really proud of my idea. I don't think of myself as being a very crafty person, but I am creative, so I guess I can be crafty once in a while.

As a side note, I went to Marshals the day before Thanksgiving and they had all their fall stuff on sale. I bought this "Give Thanks" banner for $2 as well as some table runners all for $2. I was STOKED! I love it when you can find buys almost as good as garage sale prices but brand new. I plan on using the banner to hang above my leaves next year.































2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really love this idea! So cute.. and I love the kids back handsprings. I had to watch the videos over and over... I'm with you that I always wished I could do one... But after I broke my arm doing a cartwheel when I was 8, I gave up ever trying that stuff! They make it look so easy!

Lizzie said...

I love how abby's is "my mom and cael" not mentioning the rest of the family. It totally makes me laugh. = )