Monday, September 8, 2008

Goodbye to Summer Vacation Party!

The last Saturday before school started, my friends, The Hermanson's, invited us to their house in Blythe to have a back to school celebration. It was a blast! The kids had SO MUCH FUN and I got to do what I love best--connect with a best friend. I only wish they lived closer. Absence sure does make the heart grow fonder though.

A little background. Angie and I met when our two oldest, John and Ariel, were in pre-school together. We didn't know we were both members of the same church till mid-conversation that year. She has been an incredible friend ever since that day. Due to a job transfer, she and her family moved to Blythe a couple of years ago. Last year we were both pregnant at the same time with our latest ones, Katie and Ani. Thanks, Angie, for such a great party, but more importantly, a great friendship.

My friend, Angie

John and Angie
Katie and Ani
Anna and Abi
Little John and Daniel
Anna and Ariel
John and Katie
Ani
Daniel and Will
Amazing cake made my Erin--who might be moving to the desert
Some new friends
The whole party clan
Abi flying in the air-Great tuck!
Think she'll be a cheerleader one day?!
Wish I could still do that...oh wait....wish I was EVER able to do that!
Ariel--wish I had a suit just like hers
Daniel can keep up with both of them
Incredible balance
This looks so good you'd think it was photoshopped....it wasn't!
Yes, that's right, we don't leave Ani out. For those of you whom this freeks out...don't worry, she LOVES it....she's going to be a great swimmer!
Ahhh...the chicken fights!
The best family in the world.
Can you top this one?
My beautiful girls
Ariel now asks about this boy all the time....(first crush?)


Taking a dare in ice cold water at the end of the party.
Another dare at the end of the party to see who could keep their hands in the ice cold water the longest. (The boy above's mom won!)
Last pile-up of the night. This was amazing!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

What an end of the summer party. Looks like everyone had a blast! Dang Abi is for sure going to be a cheer leader. All your kids are so limber. That is nice to be able to have a good friend like that. I didn't see any pics of you!?!