Thursday, March 5, 2009

Confession




Alright, so here's a confession: I've gained 30 pounds since I found out I was pregnant over five months ago. "They" say that you are supposed to gain between 25 and 35 pounds TOPS for the WHOLE pregnancy. I have never gained more than 50, but I can see myself just going overboard this time. With that in mind, and realizing I wasn't going to be going out because of our "shopping fast," I decided to try and eat healthy for the rest of my pregnancy.
I was doing really well till I remembered I had signed up to make a cake for church on Tuesday. I thought that I would be able to make this cake and not sample one bite. I have a strong will, or so I thought! The dang cake just looked so good that I couldn't help licking the beater of the moose, then I had to sample the cheesecake filling, and soon, especially after I opened the can of cherries, I was eating ALL the leftovers! Because I had ruined my "healthy" eating for the day, I decided to not stop there. At church, there was such yummy looking food that I went crazy and ate the worst of everything.
It took me the entire day to make this cake! (the sampling tasted better than the end product.) During that time, Ani found a black permanent marker and wrote on my couch. Lovely! I googled it to see what I could do and found that spraying with hairspray and scrubbing works the best. It faded the mark, but it's still there. Ahhh, the terrible two's have started.
Am I upset with myself? Not at all. I went back to my healthy eating the very next day and have been doing well ever since. I am finally starting to see what "moderation" in all things means. It's OKAY if I mess up...I just can't KEEP doing it!




2 comments:

Amy said...

I totally feel ya on that one... I have gained 35lbs, and top top it off i was about 25lbs over-weight when I found out I was prego. Plus I have 5 more weeks, and the last month is when you gain a lot fast. At least I did with Justice. I am so excited to TRY and get my pre prego weight back after this babe. Good for you on eating healthy. I try, but then i'm in the store and suddenly need a twix cany bar. Or a half gallon of rocky road ice cream....or.... well you get the point. lol.

Angie Hermanson said...

You may have done yourself a favor by raising your calories and your metabolism with it. Okay, I don't know if it's really true, but I thought it might make you feel better. You did a great job loosing the weight on the last one, I'm sure you can do it again! How is the food storage thing going?