Sunday, March 22, 2009

Horse-Back Riding























Yesterday we were invited over to the Halpenny's house to go horse-back riding and eat dinner. It was planned over a month ago and my kids asked almost every day when it was going to happen. Because Will is allergic to every animal on the planet, it was really quite a sacrifice on his part to go. He loaded his self up with allergy medicine and off we went. Ariel has always been an animal lover with horses being at the top of her list. My other kids love horses too, but I know that when Ariel grows up she is going to resent us for not letting her have a pet and I'm sure will have a zoo in her own house. The truth is that even if Will wasn't allergic to animals I would still be against having a pet. I'm sure they have their benefits, but I feel like I have enough to take care of with my growing family. (Not to mention that I really don't want to spend money on an animal.) Don't get me wrong; I'm glad other people have them and take good care of them. There's nothing worse than people who mistreat animals....I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about that.

It was wonderful to make the kids happy with their day of riding horses. I love making my kids happy. I, however, ended up with quite the sunburn and dehydrated body. Yes, I DID ride and even gallop for a while. I realized why pregnant women usually don't do this after I got off. My stomach was super tight (probably induced contractions) so I discretely excused myself "to change Ani's diaper" while I lied down in the car for a bit. I love riding horses. The most thrilling feeling for me is to ride a horse in a full on run.....totally scary, but totally fun, too.


We ate a great dinner and headed off. I'm so luck to have so many friends who live completely different lives that we are able to experience. From friends in snowy Utah to family in Hawaii, I sure have a great life.














1 comment:

Holly said...

Can I just be envious?? :) What a neat experience for all of your kids.