Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nothing New

This should not come as a surprise to anyone unless you've waited months to read my blog! I'm pregnant. However, just to make it fun, I'm not going to tell my close family members. I thought it would be clever to let Will know by waiting till he actually reads this post, which might not be for a long time. I tell my family to read my bog all the time and they don't. So, here's getting back at them. To all my friends who read this: Please do not let it slip in front of Will or my kids. Oh, what the heck, don't tell ANYONE....keep it to yourself till I post that Will read the blog. I'll know that you know when you make a comment on this post. I want to see how long it takes him to figure it out. I'll keep you posted. Oh, and one more thing...does anyone have an OB-GYN they'd highly recommend who delivers at Desert Regional?

(Yes, it is cheating if you say "You've got to read Andrea's blog", or any other phrase that would be interpreted by the Supreme Court of Andrea as blowing the secret surprise.)

--10/16 Andrea to Will: "Honey, you really should read our blog. I write in it all the time."

--10/17 Jennifer Hendrickson to Will: "Will, you should read Andrea's blog." (She hadn't read this post yet.)

--10/18 Will Spends the next three days writing and reading on Lisa's blog. (Ironic, huh?)

--10/19 Will almost clicks on our blog and the computer crashes! (that was close)

--10/22 Andrea to Will: "What do you think of Cali Carter, or how about Cael Carter?" Will: "I like Cali, but she'll be called "California" her whole life." End of discussion...no further questions.

10-23 I think Will is turning the cards on me now. He read my blog last night and posted a comment on one of my newest posts, but says he skipped around and looked over some other posts. I immediately called him a liar, but he just casually told me how he read lots of our friends blogs, then tried to start one of his own. I think he knows now and is going to try and see how long I can stand keeping it a secret from him! How's that for "getting back" at me? Now I'm tormented not knowing if he knows or not and not wanting to spoil it JUST IN CASE he doesn't. I should have known. He's always been the more clever of the two of us.

10/23 My little sister, Liz, asked me point blank if I was pregnant yet. I lied. I feel bad now. I'm too stubborn to spoil the fun now though.

10/26 Like I said, I know Will has always been the more clever of the two of us. So, Will and I spoke in church today. During Will's talk, he told the entire congregation "Andrea thinks that I don't pay attention to her or read her blog. What she doesn't know is that I read her blog and wrote her a note inside her scriptures saying "I know you're pregnant. I'm just checking to see how often you read your scriptures!" I have to give him credit. That was good. Humiliating me in public is always the best way to win my affection! (By the way, you can read the scriptures on-line...which is what I was doing.) =)

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Congratulations!!! I won't tell anyone. Besides, after Will announced your last pregnancy from the pulpit, I think this is a funny way to surprise him, while the rest of us already know! Thank you so much for your help this week. I'm glad to see there will be opportunities for me to help you in the future! Now you can forget the whole diet thing for a while!

Kodi said...

How exciting. . .wow you're so SNEAKY! I love it. Let me know if you need anything.

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! That's so great! How far along are you?

I cannot recommend my doctor enough. He is just AWESOME!! If I had to sum it up, I would say that he really cares and he shows it. His name is Les Gurwitt and he delivers at Desert Regional.

Congrats again and to celebrate, forget the diet and eat on my friend! Besides getting a baby at the end of it, that's the only thing I love about pregnancy.

Crazyloca said...

Yippee! SO exciting! WHen are you due? How are you feeling?

Taryn said...

What the heck? What the heck! Congrats! This is so exciting. You are one crazy chick! I can't belieive you kept this a secret. You are better at it than I would be. When is the big day if ya know yet? Congrats again!

Crazyloca said...

Leave it to Will...hilarious. How did you keep your cool while he was saying that??