Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hair cut

So, I haven't had my hair cut since I was married over eight years ago much less highlighted it. However, after meeting with a friend and lamenting about how depressed I was, she suggested that we just spontaneously cut my hair. I am a total worry wort for some reason about doing something to my hair. My friend was so confident and has such great hair every time I see her that I thought "what the heck. I look like crap right now...it couldn't get worse." After she was done and had me look in the mirror, I was SHOCKED! My hair had NEVER looked so good! I almost cried, seriously. I'm not one to make a big deal out of my looks. I don't get my nails done, get regular hair cuts, go clothes shopping more than once a year, get my teeth whitened, or anything else related to doing things for myself. I didn't even have make-up on and I looked great. I was SO HAPPY I decided to go through it. I really need to start doing more for myself.

I hate pictures of myself, but I thought it was worth archiving if only to give praise to my incredible friend (who wanted to remain anonymous). Here's to you, Taryn...oooops, did I say that? Sorry. =)




8 comments:

Kyle said...

I love it!!! You look great! Now we're all going to be knocking down Taryn's door to do our hair.

Jena said...

That was smart to do that Andrea! It looks great he'll never know! Love everything you wrote :) talk to you soon.

Laura said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!! Now I want to go visit Taryn too :)

Crazyloca said...

Looks so cute!

Kodi said...

You are one hot mama! Love it!

Lizzie said...

Your hair look soooo good!! I love it. Did she highlight it too? Does she do it professionally? Wow, you look incredible.

Holly said...

I hope you feel like a million bucks, because you seriously look like a million bucks!! that is such a flattering look on you.

Tara said...

That hair cut totally suits you. You look GREAT! (And I know what you mean about taking pictures of yourself...I hated every picture I took of my haircut, and never posted any...and I cut off 12 inches...a BIT deal to me!)
Anyway, you look great. Sometimes it's REALLY worth it to take a little time for yourself!